Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Tag

I've been tagged by MoneyMateKate on Halloween.

Here are the Rules for this tagging gig…
  1. Link the tagger and provide the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
  3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving names as well as links to their blogs.
  4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
~~~
I'm going to reveal weird stuff about myself and I'll try to link it with personal finance, after all this is a PF blog.

1. I sleep with a blankie. Yes, I know – I’m a grown woman but lemme explain. I’m not what you call an “elegant sleeper,” since I usually sleep with my mouth wide open. My blankie is economical since it prevents unnecessary drool staining on my pillow case and pillow. And have you recently priced out pillows? Good Lord. You’d think they’re made out of spun gold or something!


2. I try to avoid as much aluminum products as possible, including aluminum foil and canned drinks. I don’t know if this is true, but there appears to be anecdotal evidence linking aluminum exposure with Alzheimer’s. My dad suffers from dementia (possibly as a pre-cursor to Alzheimer’s), so I am very sensitive to this issue. I now cook with reusable stainless steel pans and I drink very little soda, which is economical, healthy and environmentally conscientious. The worst part of avoiding aluminum, though, is that I now have to endure sweaty armpits since all antiperspirants contain aluminum. :-(


3. I grow my hair out every couple of years and then donate it to Locks of Love. I usually wait until my hair grows past my breasts, which means the length of the hair that I donate gets longer and longer every time. Heh heh. By growing my hair out for this purpose, I’ve saved on reduced number of salon visits.

4. Although I’ve lived in the U.S. since I was 3 months old, I didn’t get my U.S. citizenship until 2001. (Not sure why it took me that long.) Now that I’m a citizen, I can vote on issues that affect my personal finance as well as the economy. And, yes, I voted this year! (My favorite phrase: “I’m an AmeriCAN, not an AmeriCAN’T.”)

5. I love being single. I have no desire to marry or to have children. I think this stems from the trauma of watching “Mommie Dearest” at a tender, impressionable age. (A little bit of useless, unconfirmed trivia: Christina Crawford allegedly attended my high school.) Ummm… I think the link between saving money and being childless is pretty clear.

6. I don’t own an iPod or a digital camera (except for the cr&ppy one on my cell phone). Why, oh why, didn’t I commit to frugality until AFTER I bought these with my credit card??

7. I self groom. Sorry for the TMI.

I don’t think I’m going to tag anyone. But if anyone wants to be tagged, let me know. :-D

3 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-I don't own a decent camera or IPOD too, sigh....!! Oh well, have a great weekend my dear!

Sunflowers said...

If you need a new phone in the next few years, you could upgrade to an iphone, and then you'd have a decent camera, an ipod, and a phone in one! :) I couldn't live without mine. (ok, ok, I could live... but barely <.<)

Very brave of you to attempt a brazilian on your own! I haven't even been brave enough to do that in a salon. I'm working up my nerve though!

Anonymous said...

1)lol! I think I need a blankie of my own.
2)have you tried that natural Crystal Rock product that suppose to work as deodorant?
4)Love the AmeriCAN saying
5) Love the Mommy Dearest movie. How come it didn't affect me like that? (oh how sometimes I wish to be single again)
7)I can tolerate pain, but am still very afraid of the brazilian wax.

Have a fantastic weekend!