Sunday, January 6, 2013

Budget Fail

Looks like I'm going to blow my monthly budget already.  2013 hasn't been good so far.  A shelf in my guest bathroom started tilting because the drywall anchor broke.  As a result, one of my apothecary jars fell and shattered (-$16.95+tax).  I also forgot to close my vegetable crisper in my fridge.  When I closed the door, it hit the still-open crisper and it cracked (-$38.95+tax+S&H).  But those accidents aren't what caused me to go over-budget.  (I'm just whining.  I'll replace those items in due time.)  I'd forgotten to account for 2 recurring items in my budget:  $21 orchid care service (quarterly) and $59 massage (monthly) dues.  *Sigh*

I'm still $3.17 below my budget, but I anticipate that with gas and other groceries, I'll likely go over in the next week or so.  Nevertheless, I'm going to try to see if I can live off of a $50 food budget I set for myself.  At this point, I've only spent $8.86, so I'm doing good so far. 

0 comments: