Saturday, January 31, 2009

Go Cardinals!

Eh. It's not that I really care. I'm only rooting for the Cardinals since I've been to Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson, Sedona and Grand Canyon) but I've never been to Pittsburgh. (One day I will visit the Steel City and eat a Primanti Brothers sandwich, though!)


And I gotta root for the underdogs. I mean, Arizona's Senator John McCain lost the Presidential election, and so far, most prognosticators from Madden NFL '09 and manatees (yes, you read right, manatees), have picked the Steelers to win the Big Game.



But the most important reason why I'm rooting for the Cardinals is due to the Super Bowl Indicator.

Here’s how it works: If the team that wins has roots reaching back to the original National Football League, the stock market will have a good year. But if the victor was ever a member of the rival American Football League, expect the Dow to get sacked.

...

If either team has an edge, though, it would be the Arizona Cardinals.

The Cardinals are the oldest professional football franchise in the history of the game. They were originally founded in 1898 as the Chicago Cardinals and joined the American Professional Football Association in 1920. Two years later, the APFA morphed into the National Football League, with the Cardinals as a charter member.

The Pittsburgh Steelers, on the other hand, didn’t join the NFL until 1933.
Of course, the Giants winning last year didn't help the stock market at all. (But I think that's because Eli Manning dissed the Chargers to play for the Giants. Total bad juju!)

Anyhow, I digress. GOOOOOOO CARDINALS!!!!

4 comments:

Miss M said...

Are you having a party? We're going to BBQ, not cause of the game, cause it's so nice out!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-yay, go Cardinals too, LOL!!

Shtinkykat said...

Nah. No SB party for me this year. But I've got all of my SB eatins and drinkins from Trader Joe's already. I'm ready!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Go Arizona Cardinals! We have 3 parties to pick from... hmmm... but only one game. How to? Not that I need to eat and drink that much! Isn't a gorgeous day! Enjoy the TJ grub and game. Woo Hoo!