Friday, January 11, 2013

Things I'll Start Buying With My FSA Money

I knew that starting 1/1/2011, a lot of stuff I previously bought using FSA money (OTC drugs) were no longer allowed without prescriptions.  So for the past couple of years, I just used my FSA money to pay for co-pays, co-insurance, contact lens stuff and other health equipment.

I looked carefully at a similar list of eligible and ineligible items yesterday and I was surprised at some of the stuff that are covered without a doctor's note:
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Hot creams (hot pads and hot patches included as well)
  • Toilet seat covers
  • Sunscreen with SPF 30+
  • Vent cleaning (Expenses paid for the cleaning of your home's vent system.  The customer's explanation of necessity is required.)
  • Parking fee or bus fare incurred for medical care.
I was also issued a FSA debit card for the first time this year.  When I spoke with a CIGNA representative yesterday, she advised that if I buy any of those items at general stores like Walmart or Target, to buy those items items:  (1) separately from non-eligible items and (2) at the pharmacy counter.
I'm going to try to push the envelope by submitting my SPF 30+ BB Cream purchase under the "Suncreen with SPF 30+" category.  I won't buy it with my debit card, but I'll submit it manually.  Who said health and beauty are mutually exclusive?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Webmaster,

You won't believe what happened. Our website creditcardoffers.com.au, was recently penalized by Google for unnatural link building. At some point we hired an SEO company to help us build backlinks, and unfortunately your site was one in which our company built backlinks.

As mentioned we were recently penalized for this by Google and will be soon be contacting them in an effort to manually review our site. When this occurs Google will be reviewing our backlinks, and looking to identify other sources on the net which could lead to further penalties.

Therefore we recommend that you remove links pointed to creditcardoffers.com.au on your website. By doing so you'll prevent any potential penalties to your website. You can find links pointed to our site on the following pages of your website:

http://shtinkykat.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-fico-score-improved.html




We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, but we'd hate for Google to take any manual action against your website.