Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Eating For Free At Restaurants

The best way to eat for free at restaurants is to "dine and dash". Just kidding.
I was cleaning out my coupon envelope yesterday and found an expired e-coupon from Gordon Biersch Brewery offering me a free meal with purchase of an entrée for my birthday. I realized that when I signed up for various restaurant e-clubs, I had foolishly been honest about my birth date. Come every June, I get various offers from restaurants for free meals/desserts or discount coupons. Every year I use maybe one or two of them and let the others go to waste.

This got me thinking, when I join these restaurant clubs, why don’t I just stagger my birthdate so that I get a freebie or discount from a restaurant every month? This way, I can take advantage of the offers throughout the year rather than being overwhelmed one month of the year.

I should also remember not to sign up at once. Often times, these restaurants will give me a freebie or a discount on my sign-up “anniversary” date.


Here are some restaurants that have great birthday club offers:
Red Robin: Join e-Club For Free Birthday Burger

Wienerschnizel: Free Corn Dog

Black Angus: Free Steak Dinner

Pick Up Stix: Free Wok Combo for Signing Up

Daphne’s Greek Café: Free Combo Meal Coupon on Birthday

TGIFriday’s: Free Appetizer for Signing Up

Of course, I could just go to a restaurant and tell the server it’s my birthday. More often than not, I’ll get a free dessert with no questions asked. :-D

0 comments: